Windows repair and replacement can be quite expensive. At an approximate average amount of $10,000 would be the cost for window replacement with a size of 3’ x 5’. Generally, the elevated cost of window repairs is one factor for having an attractive window designs. This makes windows costly to most homeowners and potential home buyers. To get rid of this dilemma, going after windows with high quality and extending its span would be the best solution.
How to protect your window from damage
Below are some ways to protect your window from any damage or breakage.
The Right Glass for the Appropriate Place
Coming up with the right glass for the appropriate purpose and place inside your house is really important. Some requirements for glass windows include glass coating, double or triple paned glass. Glass windows and fittings are needed for safety glass requirements. Moreover, in order to prevent window damage or breakage, the following parameters are to be used as safety glass.
- Individual pane exposed area of 9 square feet and higher
- Bottom edge exposed are of lower than 18 inches from the floor
- Top edge exposed area of 36 inches and higher from the floor
Doing the right glass window installation at the right location is vital for complying on the building safety codes. This may also help to prevent the installation of glass window from breaking.
– This glass type is specifically designed as breakage resistant glass window. The good about it is that it can tolerate conditions which normal glass type are not able to cope with.
– Consisting of multi-layers of glass amalgamated with polyvinyl butyral, this safety glass type avoid it from breaking or crashing. The usage of the laminated glass window is longer lasting.
Heat Treated Glass
– The difference of this type is the procedure method that it undergoes. It went over a treatment of heat tempering. This process enhance the strength of the glass, resist impact, and hinder breakage. Usually, it is incorporated to shower screens and bathroom windows.
Window repairs that are fast and efficient can be easily done by repair companies. It is usually cost-efficient and effective as well. To learn more, visit www.ezwindowsolutions.com/. Browsing this site can provide you guidelines on proper ways to window repair. This is one of the advantages of online learning.